This form is for http://1337xstitch.yolasite.com/ Its for people who love to cross stitch Anime, Video Games, Japanese, Geeky, and or Nerdy patterns.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

WIP projects

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
max-the-rabbitything

PostSubject: WIP projects   Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Hello all! I haven't posted here in quite some time, but here are two projects I'll be working on (as breaks from other projects) if you're interested.

#1 - can you guess who this is? (hint: she has LOTS of blue hair Smile )

EDIT 2/28 - She's done!

#2 - This'll take awhile, but I'm curious what you all think of this sprite on yellow fabric. (maybe I should just stitch a giant pikachu face instead and stitch the gal on a different color Laughing )

I really want to make more pillows, but they can be quite mentally draining... Hopefully I find time to make a St. Patrick's day themed one - but we'll see!

Last edited by max-the-rabbitything on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Topcho

PostSubject: Re: WIP projects   Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:14 am

The girl is sooo cute Laughing Hah, but a giant Pikachu sounds nice too!!! Yet I can't imagine stitching on such bright aida, it would make my eyes hurt!
Good luck with your wips!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://topchochan.blogspot.com/
DawnMLC

PostSubject: Re: WIP projects   Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:32 am

They are looking good!!
Bright yellow is fine...I would think it would be pretty easy to stitch on in the evenings.
I don't think I could stitch on it during the day because it might trigger a migraine for me!!
I would stick with the yellow!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://crossstitchanime.110mb.com/WebPageOpening.html
max-the-rabbitything

PostSubject: Re: WIP projects   Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback, everyone I've asked so far in person or email always replies, "GAHH! The girl is SOOO cute!"

I think the yellow will provide a nice contrast to the dark blue but kept having doubts. The yellow is pretty easy to stitch on too - MUCH easier than black! Smile

If anything, the brightness will definitely catch peoples' eyes. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
missy-tannenbaum

PostSubject: Re: WIP projects   Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Ah, is the one on top Felicia? Very Happy I might have the game on the mind, since I'm finishing a Morrigan up right now, but it's certainly reminiscent of her, but, either way, the hair looks great! Both of them look really cool so far, and I wish you the best of luck on the yellow fabric! Since the girl is pastels, I think it'll look really nice, but I did a project in bold colors on that aida and it was iffy, to say the least. ^^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dorkstitch.blogspot.com
max-the-rabbitything

PostSubject: Re: WIP projects   Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Yes, its Felicia! I'm glad you're doing a Morrigan too, I had sent my sister an email a week ago with 3 Felicia sprites I want to make and her reply was, "NO FELICIA - [stitch] Morrigan!" Attached was a 1300 x 800 pic of Morrigan she wanted to see stitched Shocked

I'll look through your DA gallery to see your yellow aida projects Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deejay Beta
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WIP projects   Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:38 pm

I just finished a project using black (it was really killer on the eyes) but now I have been interested in some other colors. What has been your favorite color to stitch on?

max-the-rabbitything

PostSubject: Re: WIP projects   Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Well I really like the look of things stitched on black and that dark green has been pretty fun, but my favorite fabric so far is 28ct sand colored linen. It gives things an aged antique look and since linen is very strong and the fibers are very stiff, it is really easy to stitch on! My Shion and Rika are on this fabric and eventually the other 3 (poor Hanyuu) Higurashi girls will be too Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP projects   

Back to top Go down

WIP projects
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
1337 XStitch :: Cross Stitch :: Works in Progress-
Jump to: