This form is for http://1337xstitch.yolasite.com/ Its for people who love to cross stitch Anime, Video Games, Japanese, Geeky, and or Nerdy patterns.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

You have to see this-- comic news

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DawnMLC

PostSubject: You have to see this-- comic news   Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:31 pm

I found this on a forum --
I guess Nick simmons seems to be copying bleach images and putting them into his work.

Repost------
I don't know if you guys have seen this already but I was quite surprised to see this news - Incarnate, a complete rip-off of Bleach. It was said that the character designs, fight scenes, plot segments, dialogue, poses and expressions were plagiarized from both professional and amateur artists, specifically from both published manga and from art communities such as DeviantArt. Just try to look at similarities!!!

http://community.livejournal.com/bleachness/446299.html

Nick simmons- incarnate comic -- http://www.radicalcomics.com/titles/comics/incarnate
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://crossstitchanime.110mb.com/WebPageOpening.html
Topcho

PostSubject: Re: You have to see this-- comic news   Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:35 pm

Wow. This is the biggest rip-off I've ever seen Shocked It's one thing to take inspiration...nyah... Good thing the publishers are paying attention to this matter now.
Btw if as they say in the LiveJournal post, there are rip offs from other manga series too, like Naruto. One Piece and all the others... I just can't imagine a style like this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://topchochan.blogspot.com/
Zaraphena

PostSubject: Re: You have to see this-- comic news   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Looks like a f*ck*d up love baby of Bleach and Hellsing. o_O I swear one picture looked like Ichigo vs. Alucard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACL

PostSubject: Re: You have to see this-- comic news   Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:08 pm

I hope and believe that this topic would never come to this forum but I was wrong -_-
It do haunt me.

Well in reality are we better? We do make pattern off Image taken form anime manga or more I do. Not all off do it but some. And my traced imagen, I don’t clam them as mine, and I do tell when they are traced, but I am not better than he is.

Are the any different from what I do and he did? I don’t really see any different except the money and I do tell they are not my image from the beginning.

Yepp I don't like what he did and it more of a commedy for me, it does looks like the original online comic I read but more wores. I dont get how the publisher could just let it out befor any real cheking of it.

Sorry for the bad english. I away it a good topic to take on here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DawnMLC

PostSubject: Re: You have to see this-- comic news   Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:38 pm

I have no problem with fan art -- and we don't make money from it!!!
Alot of comic artists are for it -- they like to see drawings people have done.
Money usually never exchanges hands!!!!

But they said it was all original work and story lines(but you hear one story its all the same) ....which clearly it isn't.
I want the original artists to get credit they deserve -- they don't make much money doing this in Japan either!! Alot of businesses go under!!!
Back to top Go down
ACL

PostSubject: Re: You have to see this-- comic news   Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:01 pm

That is true, i dont stand on his side, but so when it is a fan art it is okej to copy pic and just give the the credit? Now i am talking about cross stithing? Then question is when dose it say it is a copyright crime you did? I just whant to discuss this little depper, the copyright law is diffrent in diffren country,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DawnMLC

PostSubject: Re: You have to see this-- comic news   Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:22 pm

I think its fan art -- I didn't make any money from it...
On my DA account I do have the original drawing that it came from(actually came from an old bleach calender and the drawing is alot bigger)--. I have no plans to sell it --wouldn't anyways.

I have seen people selling just patterns on different sites with different anime characters or anime like drawings they clearly didn't draw. Do they give a cut to the original artist no.... that is totally unfair.

I would share the bleach pattern -- but I don't think anyone is nuts as I am to stitch it!!
------------------------------
I was talking with the hubby about copyrights.
You can take a drawing change it recolour it for your own use.... alot of comic artists thinks its cool....they love fan art!! When you start taking those images and start to sell them then you open yourself to a lawsuit. You need written permission from the artist and royalty fees may apply depending on the artist.

Last edited by DawnMLC on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ACL

PostSubject: Re: You have to see this-- comic news   Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Oki ^-^ I like to heare what people say on the matter it nice to discuss it just for fun.

Well you don’t know me I love the look on you bleach pattern and I really want to stitch it but not now. I have other things to do that need to be fin before I start on new one,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DawnMLC

PostSubject: Re: You have to see this-- comic news   Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:43 pm

I did an edit of my last post.......
Back to top Go down
ACL

PostSubject: Re: You have to see this-- comic news   Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:16 pm

Well in Sweden that those not apply i dose not matter if it just a colour change or something more, I believe I need to read what the law say in Sweden. But it is up the artist or the one that owns the pic what to do if they don like the always can tell so. But most artist like it and I understand that.

Well I think like you on the matter it is a fan art it is okej.
I mean if someone did a cross stitching or something other out of my art it would be super nice and cool and I would be really happy,

I do make dolls bases for people to use, I makes me happy when they do use them =)

I just like people to think about it a bit more. Those is why I do say against or say something different, for making people think about it and create they own opinion on the matters.

I like they way people think different and I like to here how the law is different I other country.

We can’t copy a school texts book more then 10 % off it I think, and it only for the use in school. It is interning how different stuff are in different era of pic and books copyright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eryn

PostSubject: Re: You have to see this-- comic news   Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:25 am

In my opinion this is horrible because he claims it as his and thinks no one will notice...He makes money with the hard work of others.

And that's the difference to fan art or making patterns out of official art. We make it for our own use on our own fabric and the best he'll get is for free promo, because if someone notices and ask we'll gladly inform them, ne^^
And as long as there's no money involved it should be okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You have to see this-- comic news   

Back to top Go down

You have to see this-- comic news
Page 1 of 1